A little life chat

17:00


So I'm trying to get my blogging brain back in gear but it's proving to be quite difficult. I've been blogging for effectively a year now, which is the longest time I've ever kept up a disciplined hobby, and I'm really struggling to find the motivation and drive to post regularly. I made a little goal for myself to write 100 blog posts this year (after having written 88 last year), but having only written 3 last month I'm already quite far behind...

The issue I have is the age old dilemma that I don't want to create content for the sake of posting something on schedule every single week, as I want to feel proud of everything that I'm creating for my blog. It can be really hard to find something that I'm proud enough of to post, as I probably write about 3 drafts for every 1 post that makes it, or have 5 ideas for every 2 that actually turn into posts. Whoever said blogging was easy is sadly mistaken!

What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry my content has been a bit bare recently, and that I've not really posted anything that interesting. I really want to continue with my weekly musings posts because I'm really enjoying those, but I'm considering making them into 'Monthly Musings' instead as I feel like they can become a bit repetitive, especially as I've started second semester so they're probably not going to be that long for the next few weeks until Easter. Also I think I'll find it a bit easier to maintain uploading those posts once a month rather than once a week along side another post. I feel like my blog will become saturated with Weekly Musings posts and not much else otherwise!

Otherwise I've been feeling a little bit overwhelmed recently, I'm trying to get back into the routine of having lectures alongside trying to find the time to do regular life things like sleep and eat and food shopping and laundry so getting that balance as well as finding time to do creative things like blog and read has been fairly challenging. I'm hoping that by sitting down every once in a while to just think creatively and to plan blog posts is going to help get those creative juices flowing once more!

How have you all been? Hope you're good, and thanks again for sticking with me. If you'd like to see what I've been up to recently then my Instagram is here and my twitter is here!

Lots of love,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe