REVIEW // Lush Mask of Magnaminty (Blogmas 2015)

17:00


(19 days till Christmas!)


I've never bought any lush products before this. Yep, I know. A blogger who's never tried anything from Lush.

I find Lush very overwhelming whenever I go in. All of the colours and smells are very overstimulating and I find myself walking away with nothing whenever I go in there because I don't know where to start. I love watching Lush hauls, but there are so many products I've found it hard to get into Lush as a brand. Until now.

I've been needing a new face mask for the longest time, as I suffer from pretty rubbish skin and spots and I find the only things that really help are good face masks. As I'm a poor uni student I don't have the money to buy something high end, and I find that it's difficult to find high quality masks that work on the high street.

I did my research on Lush face masks and decided that the Mask of Magnaminty was a good place to start, as it's got many ingredients that calm and exfoliate the skin. You can read the full description on the Lush site here.


The way I use the mask is I cleanse my face first, and dry it, and then put a decent layer of the mask on, and leave it for about 20 minutes, or until it becomes stiff. Then I wet my hands slightly and scrub the face mask to make the most of the exfoliating properties, and wipe the rest off with a clean washcloth. I then tone and moisturise my face as normal. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and very clean but without feeling scrubbed raw.

I find it also works very well as a targeted spot treatment, as I put it on specific areas of my face where I can feel a spot coming, leave it for a bit and then scrub it off and my skin feels much less inflamed and looks calmer, without feeling at all tight or dry. The only thing that puts me off a bit is the smell, it's pretty strong, and also it can be quite hard to get off!

I would definitely recommend this face mask, as even though I bought the smaller size pot it's lasted me for quite a while, and it's relatively inexpensive too. So a big thumbs up from me, and I can't wait to try more Lush products!

What are your favourite products from Lush? Have you tried the Mask of Magnaminty before? What did you think? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe