Valentines Date Ideas

17:00

Source: sedans.com

Hi everyone!! I know I'm a little early with this one, but I figured this would be helpful in advance in case you're stuck for what to do on valentines day. I'm always really bad at planning dates. I'm happy when my boyfriend plans them for me, because I never know what we should do. I figured I'd come up with some date ideas and share them with you in case you are all stuck for ideas too.

If you're going to be alone for Valentines day, there are lots of things you can do too! You can treat yourself to a nice new present, or to dinner, or you can snuggle up on the sofa with trashy tv and junk food. Or you can hang out with your other single friends, that's always fun to do! I'm going out with my boyfriend and a bunch of my friends for Valentines day.

If you do have a partner, then here are some ideas of cute/fun date ideas for Valentines day, or for anytime you're stuck for a date idea. Some of them are going out dates, and some are staying home dates.

The most important thing is to think about your and your partner's interests, and what you would both enjoy. There's no point spending time and money going somewhere if one of you won't have a good time!

1. Visit a museum

I love visiting museums; my favourites the Natural History museum in London, the American Museum of Natural History in NYC, the Museum of Civilisation in Ottawa and the Smithsonians in Washington DC. I think it'd be lovely to go to a museum on a date, maybe that's just because I'm a bit of a nerd? I don't know :P

2. Cook a nice meal together

I love when I get to cook for or with my boyfriend, it's a really nice thing to do, and it's nice bonding time. Put some nice music on, set the table, and enjoy a lovely meal that you two have prepared. It feels so good to teach them how to make food they've never made before, and it's great when they can teach you some recipes too. Alternatively, if neither of you are able to cook, or if, simply put, neither of you can be faffed, then order in! My boyfriend and I love having pizza nights, where we order some pizza and watch a film or some TV or something. That's always fun, and means there's no washing up!

3. Go exploring 

You don't have to go far when you go sightseeing, it's sometimes nice just to stick close to home and explore your area. You might find a place you've never stumbled across before, be it a cute independent music store or a lovely park you've not been to. Or you could go further afield if you have the time/money; the world is your oyster! My boyfriend and I went exploring in our local area and found a really great local music shop, which even has a really sweet shop dog who we enjoyed spending time with.

4. Go out for a meal

Going out for a meal is always lovely to do as a date, however it's difficult on Valentines day, so it'd be wise to book a week or two in advance! It doesnt have to be fancy or expensive if you're not into that (or if you're a poor student like me), so long as you like the food and you have a good time with your partner it doesn't matter how pricey or fancy the food is (I'd be happy with a Five Guys or a Wagamamas to be honest!). It is nice to not have to worry about cooking or cleaning up, it depends on the kind of evening you're hoping for.

5. Have a night in and watch films

I love cuddling up with my boyfriend and watching cute films like Love Actually. There are loads of soppy films that are perfect for Valentines day. Or, if chick flicks aren't your thing, action movies or scary films are great for cuddling at the scary parts (although I hate horror films so I'd definitely give those a miss!). 



Also, think about your gifts for your partner. For Valentines day I'd rather receive a thoughtful gift than an expensive one. I love little things such as handwritten letters, my favourite flowers, or a homemade gift. Other good ideas include experience gifts like movie tickets or something like that, as they create memories that'll last a lot longer than physical gifts. Also, surprises are great if you're into that kind of thing, so maybe plan your day in secret and surprise your partner on Valentines day, that's always lovely!

Thats it from me! What are your plans for Valentines day? Let me know what your ideal dates are. 
Love, 
Zoe xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe